Wednesday 21 November 2012

Thursday November 29th

Hello all,

well summer came and damped off most of the lettuces and blighted the spuds planted for the girls in their new veg garden..Sheep Music gave us our first family festival and our first ever camp without rain in five years..so i am indebted to all involved in getting the event arranged. This was my first experience of family festivals..I assumed once I'd burnt the tofu and brown rice fritters and left the pan to soak in last nights cider i'd be free to explore the sounds of the Marches at song and play...i misjudged and due to a hasty shift system ended up on my forays seeing Little Rhumba five times..much  as i love Hugh et al and their abilty to bring the world to Radnorshire through their klesmertangowaitsian sounds..I was beginning to feel like a stalker...the only justifiable break being to join in with Sam and friends and make some angels wings out of willow...speaking of angels we move into their season, and for this months performances we have....

Gerry Farrell..a local lad whos been waiting to hone his talents and skills until he felt ready to take to the stage.It'll be his first performance at Balladeers so your usual support and appreciation much appreciated.

Then we have a welcome return of Loxley who have had quite a busy festival schedule since they last played and always feel just right for the first performances of the winter...harmony and tight arrangements with occassional kilt but no friar tuck

The third performance have unfortunately had to cancel. However such has been the response to my shout out that I have decided to have an extended Chancers with four or five performers playing a couple of songs..I know I know..yet another change to the format ...I'm sure we'll cope

please contact me if you want to play at future performances and please pass the word on

pax

stephe